Thursday, July 31, 2014

Don Pepin Original Blue Label Maduro

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Manufacturer: My Father Cigars
Wrapper: Higher Priming Corojo ‘99
Binder: Same as original blend
Filler:  Same as Original Blend
Vitoa: Toro
Length: 6”
Ring Gage: 52    
Strength: Medium

We all love the Don Pepin Blue Label – and now there is more to love! For a one production run, extremely limited, and a very rare release the Toro size is available with a Maduro wrapper! The fillers and binder are the same but instead My Father chose to use a higher priming Corojo ’99 wrapper.  Only 630 boxes of 18 were produced and we are only one of two stores that carry this extremely rare blend!

The Cigar is a dark and oily gorgeous looking cigar. I could not find any imperfections or soft spots.  It is a very rich and complex cigar without being overpowering.  It has a wonderful balance of spice, sweet, earth, and espresso.  I would gage this cigar as a solid medium.  It was not as strong as I was expecting it to be.  But that does not mean that I wasn’t blown away by the flavors!

A must have before they are gone!!


Posted by: Michele 

No comments: