Wednesday, November 9, 2011

H. Upmann 1844 Reserve



Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Cubano
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Dominican
Vitola: Corona
Length: 5 ½ inches
Ring Gage: 44
Strength: Full Bodied

This is a complete re-blend of the old 1844 Reserve.  The new blend has an Ecuadorian wrapper where the old blend had an Indonesian Wrapper.  The Binder stayed the same, but the Brazilian filler was also removed.  I was anxious to try the new blend as the old blend was not bad.  

The cigar has a gorgeous dark oily wrapper.  It was seamless with very few vein lines.  It looks impeccably constructed and was firm to the touch.  It had a nice even burn.  It did have a slightly resistant draw, but it did not ruin the smoking experience for me.   As it burned it accumulated a nice dark gray ash, that stayed on the cigar for quite a bit.  

This cigar has a very earthy profile.  I would almost be willing to say a nice cedar wood taste.  I also did pick up on roast coffee with hints of bittersweet chocolate.  I found this to be a great smoke.  I like the new blend and feel like this is a cigar I can smoke on daily basis.  In my opinion the re-blend was a good choice and with the sticks being around $8.00 this is definitely my new favorite everyday smoke.    

If you would like to purchase this cigar please visit www.topqualitycigars.com!!!!!

Posted by Michele 

No comments: