Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Diamond Crown Julius Caesar



Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Ecuadorian (Havana Seed)
Binder: Secret Blend
Filler: Secret Blend
Vitola: Robusto
Length: 4 ¾ inches
Ring Gage: 52
Strength: Medium

This line was launched in 2010 and traditionally is released only to Diamond Crown Lounges.  I’m very excited to say that these cigars are available at 8 to 8 Cigars and are also offered through topqualitycigars.com.  This cigar is rolled by the Fuente Family in the Dominican Republic.  This cigar was named after the founder of JC Newman Cigar Company; Julius Caesar Newman. 

These cigars are packaged in beautiful black boxes accented with the coveted Roman purple, with 20 to a box.  There are four sizes available:
* Churchill (7 ¼ by 52)
* Pyramid (6 ½ by 52)
* Toro (6 by 52)
* Robusto (4 ¾ by 52)

The cigar has a striking, dark, slightly oily wrapper.  It looks very well constructed with very few vein lines and perfect cap construction.  I read some reviews that stated they believed their cigar to be a bit squishy, I have to admit I didn’t notice that at all.  I thought the cigar had just the right amount of firmness.  It had a nice, even slow burn.  And I have to say that the ash was amazing.  It stayed for quite a bit and was a stunning dark gray and white color. 

This cigar was very smooth, creamy, and flavorful.  I picked up on earthy and woodsy notes.  I also did notice a semi-sweet undertone that I couldn’t quite place but was very pleasing and added great flavor to the overall smoke. 

I’ve seen this cigar reviewed as a mild to medium or a solid medium smoke.  I’m on the fence actually, I can see both sides.  If you start this out as the first smoke of the day I can see why people would say a solid medium.  But if you’ve smoked a medium bodied, or even a full bodied cigar, before this one I can see where people would quantify it as a mild to medium.  Either way it is a medium at its strongest, which is just fine by me.  Because occasionally you need something a little milder to switch things up a bit, and this will become one of my go to medium smokes when I need that break!!!

If you would like to purchase these cigars please visit www.topqualitycigars.com!!!

Posted by Michele 

No comments: