Wednesday, February 22, 2012

AVO Heritage


Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Ecuador (Cuban Seed)
Binder: Dominican San Vincente
Filler: 3 Different Ligero, Dominican Seco, Peruvian Seco
Vitola: Short Robusto
Length: 4 inches
Ring Gage: 56
Strength: Medium to Full

The Avo Heritage is one of the latest from the Avo line and has become one of my favorite go to short smokes.  I reviewed the Robusto in December and I am revisiting the Line because of an upcoming AVO Event. 

I found the cigar great then and I still find it great months later! Appearance wise this cigar has a gorgeous dark espresso oily wrapper.  It has huge vein lines with a perfectly constructed cap.  It felt solid to the touch; there were no soft spots or imperfections I could notice.

It did have a fairly loose draw, even though it never burned too hot.  I like a more resistant draw but this did not take away from my enjoyment of this cigar.  The burn was nice, even, and smooth.

There was a nice spice upon first lighting.  I noticed a sweet caramel almost chocolate/mocha undertone.  I also picked up on earthy notes.  The spice does mellow out as you smoke but the flavors stayed pretty consistent.  There was creaminess to it that I just fell in love with.

This is a perfect short smoke when you do not have a lot of time available.  This cigar will last about 45 minutes to an hour giving you just enough time to enjoy and then be on your way!  

Avo never disappoints, in my opinion, when it comes to cigars.  I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar from the first light to the last puff of the little nub I had left!

If you would like to purchase this cigar please visit www.topqualitycigars.com!!!!

Also to find out more information on the AVO Heritage Tasting Event that is visiting 8 to 8 Cigars on March 23rd please visit our website: www.8to8cigars.net!!!

Posted by Michele 

No comments: