Monday, March 5, 2012

Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum


Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sungrown
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Vitola: Toro
Length: 6.25 inches
Ring Gage: 54
Strength: Medium

I cannot believe that I have yet to review an Arturo Fuente! But I believe I have chosen a great first cigar from this manufacturer to review.  This is the newest in his line and it also made it to the 25 list in Cigar Aficionado for last year, not to mention it is one of my favorites as well!!

This is a nice change up from the usual Cigars that are produced by Fuente.  This is a nice medium bodied that could be your first smoke of the day or your last paired with fine liquor.  I do like fuller bodied smokes but it is nice to change it up every now and then with something less strong but still flavorful and robust enough for my taste, and this cigar is it.

The construction on this cigar is impeccable.  It is firm to the touch with minor vein lines.  The cap is excellently constructed.  The wrapper is a dark reddish brown, almost brick color.  The label is also different than the traditional Fuente label and just makes this cigar pop!

I always enjoyed this cigar because of the sweet undertones from the Sungrown wrapper.  It stands alone with earthy and nutty notes without the sweet undertone.  But in my opinion it adds to the cigar’s complexity by having that sweet undertone beneath the already outstanding flavors.  Another this I love about this cigar is that is has a nice peppery finish.  The finish, in my opinion, is not enough to propel it to a full bodied.  It is just another element that adds to the complexity by introducing pepper into the last third of the cigar.   The draw was in my opinion perfect.  There was a slight resistance, which I prefer.  It burned evenly and smooth.

After smoking this it is very easy to see why it made it into the top 25 list for last year.  This is a flavorful, complex, everyday medium bodied cigar!  If you would like to purchase this cigar please visit www.topqualitycigars.com.    

Posted by Michele 

No comments: