Friday, August 19, 2011

Studio Tobac ST/DS-001



Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: San Andres Maduro (Mexico)
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Vitola: Toro
Length: 6 inches
Ring Gage: 54
Strength: Medium to Full


This is a cigar from the Studio Tobac 2011 World Tour Sampler that is a prototype and only available in this Sampler Pack. The ST/DS stands for Studio Tobac Dark Side. As I mentioned in my blog about the Sampler Pack that this cigar comes in the pack with the prototype band, a band hasn’t even been created for it yet!

I wouldn’t consider this a complex smoke. It starts our mild with almost a cocoa taste to it. You will notice a spicy undertone but nothing strong. Even though I say this isn’t a complex cigar it makes up for it in flavor, this is a very flavorful smoke. I also noticed a bitter espresso and a earthy notes to it.  I really enjoyed smoking this cigar and wished a release date was available because I certainly would smoke it again. 

Posted by Michele 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From another cigar smoker with two X chromosones, I agree heartily. The prototype is my favorite so far, and I surely wish I could get some more.

I'm only into the first inch of this stick at the moment, but so far I agree with your review. Not super complex, but very flavorful and solid, with cocoa, earth and a hint of spice. Nice clean finish. Currently enjoying it with a Peruvian coffee.